Ministry in the Bells Corners area began with circuit ministers
visiting with local families in the early 1820's. In 1851, the first regular ministry of the
Presbyterian Church began in Bells Corners. In 1853, a Union Church was built by the Anglicans,
Methodists and Presbyterians on the present site of the Bells Corners Union Cemetery. It was the
only building to survive the great fire of 1870. The Presbyterians bought out the interests of
the other Congregations, and in 1898 built the Drummond Church on what is now known as Robertson
Road, using some of the stone from the demolished church. In 1925 this Presbyterian Congregation
joined the United Church of Canada and became part of the Britannia-Fallowfield circuit of the
In 1958, BCUC became a separate charge and was served by supply ministers. The year 1960 brought great changes, for this marked the call of the first full time ordained minister to BCUC. The planning for the present church building began in the fall of 1960. Construction started in the spring of 1962 and the new sanctuary, offices and hall were dedicated on December 2nd, 1962.
The planning for the second stage of our building program began in 1965. A definite decision was made in the fall of 1967 and a building committee began its work. This resulted in the construction of the northern wing in the summer of 1969, and dedication on October 15th, 1969. In 2005, the Congregation agreed to the addition of a new entrance to the Church building, and renovation of the existing narthex and balcony. The new structure was officially dedicated on June 4, 2006.